- Photo Gallery
- Shop SARA Store
- Contact Us
2017 Conference Registration Fees and Lodging
REGISTRATION FEES (Lodging is NOT included)
SARA Conference- Sunday July 23 thru Wednesday July 26, 2017
$165.00 Includes 8 meals beginning Sunday dinner through Wednesday breakfast, morning coffee breaks, afternoon snack breaks, snacks in the Drake Lounge, membership dues to June 2018, printed and electronic copy of 2017 Proceedings
$85.00 Spouse or non-participating guest for 8 meals and Drake Lounge only.
SARA Membership Dues June 30, 2017 to June 30, 2018
$ 5.00 Student
Because the SARA/Radio Jove Conferences require quite a bit of advance planning, early registration is encouraged. Please register by May 31, 2017. All registrations received after that date, or walk-in registrations, will be assessed an additional 15% late registration fee.
Payment of Conference Fees:
Complete Registration form and submit payment by check, money order, PayPal or credit card.
Special Dietary Needs
If you need a special diet; i.e. diabetic, gluten free, food allergies, etc. please include this information in an e-mail to treasurer_at_radio-astronomy_dot_org.
NRAO Dorm Rooms:
We have reserved 16 dorm rooms at NRAO Residence Hall which are assigned in the following priority:
- Attendees with disabilities / special circumstances
- Conference Speakers
- Conference Organizers
- SARA Officers and Board Members
- All others
Dorm room rates as of March 2016 are single $55.00, double $69.00 plus 6% sales tax, these rates are subject to change by NRAO. These rooms are on the second floor accessed by stairs (no elevator.) Dorm rooms have hard wire internet access in each room.
Making Reservations for NRAO Lodging
The SARA Treasurer makes the room assignments. So do not call NRAO asking about these rooms. If you would like to book a room, contact our Treasurer at http://www.radio-astronomy.org/contact/Treasurer
Other Lodging Options
· Boyer Motel: (304)456-4667 (5 miles) Boyer is "adequate" to "very basic", more of a mom and pop's local motel.
· Snowshoe: 304-572-6520 The Inn at Snowshoe offers economy hotel rooms, one bedroom, and two bedroom units located at the base of Snowshoe Mountain.877-441-4386
A good new website about the area is http://www.naturesmountainplayground.com//
There are a few Bed & Breakfasts within reasonable driving distance:
- Carriage House Inn at Marlinton, WV (304-799-6706) 20-30 minutes south
- Chestnut Ridge Country Inn at Dunmore, WV (304) 456-4280 5 miles from NRAO
- Current B&B at Hillsboro (304-653-4722) 60-70 minutes south
- Jerico Bed and Breakfast at Marlinton (304-572-3739) 45 minutes south,
- VanReenan House at Marlinton (304-799-5677) 40 minutes south
- Hillsboro House Bed and Breakfast at Hillsboro, WV (304-653-4895) 60-70 minutes south
- Old Clark Inn at Marlinton (304-799-6377) 40 minutes south.
Jim Sky and Andrea Peace have stayed a couple times at:
Buffalo Run Lodge
HC 63, Box 38C
Arbovale, West Virginia 24915
Toll Free: (800) CALL WVA (225-5982)
Hosts: Bruce and Carol Stewart
It's a bit off the road, so Jim suggests calling first for directions. They called it "rustic but fun".
There is a campground beside the Boyer Motel for those wanting to make it a family camping vacation. (304)456-4667I (Note: NRAO policy does not allow overnight "parking lot camping" in RVs on their facility.)